SyMenu Forum

SyMenu

HomeTroubleshooting & Bug Reports

If you found a bug post here your report.

Drag and Drop support no longer available Messages in this topic - RSS

fsr37
fsr37

28/06/2022
fsr37
fsr37
Hi

I have been using Symenu for a while but I have upgraded to Symenu 7.01.8 recently and discovered that Drag and Drop support for program tree is broken. I can reproduce this behaviour either in normal or elevated mode. I am using Windows 11 not sure if this is related. Any workaround?? Can I use any config file in Symenu folder to sort items in menu?

Cheers,
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

28/06/2022
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Hi fsr37,
It's a really strange behavior and I suspect it's exactly tied with the W11 adoption as you assert.
Unfortunately I have no PC compliant with W11 so I can't test it by myself.
Plus I'm no more interested in developing on this SyMenu brench because I'm porting it to a new framework (.NET Core).

So I have two suggestions for you.

1) Try to update your SyMenu to 7.02. Perhaps the new version will do the magic and restores the D&D even if I doubt it could be so easy.
2) Try to update to the alpha version 8.0 (https://www.ugmfree.it/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=840) that is written with the new framework.

If neither works, let's hope that Santa Claus will bring me a new PC where this f***ing W11 can be properly and offcially installed.
Well I love MS but this thing of cutting out so many "not so old" PCs from the new Windows version stinks a lot as an "Apple mode" behaviour even if MS has no interest in selling HW... apart from their Surface line.

BTW please report here your outcome.
link
fsr37
fsr37

28/06/2022
fsr37
fsr37
Hi,
Thank you for your help. Version 7.02 did the magic for me smile. D&D is now restored. Cheers
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

28/06/2022
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Well... I did nothing special in 7.02... Duhh
It's better that way.
link
fsr37