SyMenu Forum

SyMenu

 

HomeGeneral discussion & questions

Talk about SyMenu or post suggestions, requests, or how-to questions

SyMENU need badly open menu delay!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

formingus
formingus
Posts: 6


17 days ago
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6
A lot of times when we search or ride to search program if there are a lot of them it will be hard to point. So I think that SyMenu needs have an option for delay for opening Menu, submenu. Check
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062


17 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062
I know there is a sort of freezing during the search but I'm not sure what you intend when you refer to submenu opening.
If you click on a logical container full of items, SyMenu shows you a flashing icon to notify it's loading them but you are not locked and you can open another folder with no delay.

So please let's take the two issues separated.

The first one (delay on searching) is known but not so serious. It's in my list with a low priority.
Instead I've never heard about the second one (freezing during subfolders opening) so please detail it a bit more.
link
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6


17 days ago
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6
Gianluca wrote:
I know there is a sort of freezing during the search but I'm not sure what you intend when you refer to submenu opening.
If you click on a logical container full of items, SyMenu shows you a flashing icon to notify it's loading them but you are not locked and you can open another folder with no delay.

So please let's take the two issues separated.

The first one (delay on searching) is known but not so serious. It's in my list with a low priority.
Instead I've never heard about the second one (freezing during subfolders opening) so please detail it a bit more.



Ok, it's not a bug, it's just annoying because while we ride to seek a program, the menu and submenu will be opened so fast. so a lot of times menu or submenu will close because we cant point a program that we want..... Check how fast is moving, if possible to add some small options at settings so we can add delay with milliseconds, so we can control it.



edited by formingus on 04/01/2022
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062


17 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062
IMHO it's senseless.

What's happened if you want to move fast to the an item hovering all the others? The first submenu remains frozen when you are already on the last one, cursing me because the delay.
Furthermore, since I perfectly know my menu organization I'm used to go to the item I need and move the pointer immediately on the right to enter the submenu and eventually move again on the sub-submenu. If the opening is delayed at any level I should wait on every item until the submenu decides it's time to open...


I really don't understand why a delay should be useful but probably it's because my poor imagination.

Can you point me to a program that implements this delay intentionally? This way I can understand what the benefit really is.
link
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6


17 days ago
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6
Gianluca wrote:
IMHO it's senseless.

What's happened if you want to move fast to the an item hovering all the others? The first submenu remains frozen when you are already on the last one, cursing me because the delay.
Furthermore, since I perfectly know my menu organization I'm used to go to the item I need and move the pointer immediately on the right to enter the submenu and eventually move again on the sub-submenu. If the opening is delayed at any level I should wait on every item until the submenu decides it's time to open...


I really don't understand why a delay should be useful but probably it's because my poor imagination.

Can you point me to a program that implements this delay intentionally? This way I can understand what the benefit really is.




Its not about the program, let me clarify

When the menu opening to fast, a lot of times menus will close, so we need to seek from the beginning. Delay will bring a small piece of time so we can point more precisely
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062


17 days ago
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Posts: 1062
Ok now I understand.
The delay is to avoid the immediate menu closing when the focus or the mouse hovering is lost.

Instead when the mouse pointer switches to another submenu, no delay is needed because the fast reaction is due.


Well it's a bit complicated.

SyMenu is build on top of a standard Windows component and all the behaviors related to the component interactivity are in charge of the OS.
I can try to think about a solution for your request but I strongly doubt I can do anything.

Thank you.
link
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6


17 days ago
formingus
formingus
Posts: 6
Gianluca wrote:
Ok now I understand.
The delay is to avoid the immediate menu closing when the focus or the mouse hovering is lost.

Instead when the mouse pointer switches to another submenu, no delay is needed because the fast reaction is due.


Well it's a bit complicated.

SyMenu is build on top of a standard Windows component and all the behaviors related to the component interactivity are in charge of the OS.
I can try to think about a solution for your request but I strongly doubt I can do anything.

Thank you.


"The delay is to avoid the immediate menu closing when the focus or the mouse hovering is lost." Correct 💪
Its OK, no big deal , it will be useful option if it can be added WO some big effort, while is complicated i will use to live with it 😉 .
Thanks and all the best

edited by formingus on 04/01/2022
link



UGMFree.NET ©2002-2022
By Gianluca Negrelli - Contact me