Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

06/07/2021
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
Hi guys,
I'm developing a new feature for SyMenu and I'd like to share a first implementation picture to have some feedback from you.

As you can see the new area in the middle allows to track all the programs I need to process. This way I can use the search without losing the previous selections.

In this case I wanted to Install 12-Ants, Mozilla FF, and Autoruns and, to find the latter, I used the search instead of scrolling with the mouse. You can see that my last search returned only two programs but the previously selected ones are still there.

The availability of a new area where the planned programs to add/update/remove are stored, allows me to move the "Apply all" button inside it. BTW this area appears only when you select at least a program with a checkbox otherwise it completely disappears taking away the "Apply all" button too... well it is useless with no checkbox flagged.

It seems to me a good solution even if the form is starting to crowd a lot more...

What do you think about it?

edited by Gianluca on 19/07/2021

link
lupusbalo
lupusbalo

15/07/2021
lupusbalo
lupusbalo
"Not vital" but interesting idea
TKS GianLuca
link
sl23
sl23

19/10/2021
sl23
sl23
Great idea. But now you've changed the Search area, This new section for selected programs would be better positioned on the right hand side, imo. You could have the boxed section of selected apps placed there with the Apply button, etc underneath. The boxed area could have a scroll bar feature for when too many entries are listed and I think this would look much better whilst leaving the vertical space on the left for the list of apps and their description. What do you think?
link
jibibi
jibibi

19/10/2021
jibibi
jibibi
Hello ; me the area is gone? I only have the search tools ??? is this normal ???

oh ok it a new system... sorry ....

edited by jibibi on 19/10/2021
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

20/10/2021
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
sl23 wrote:
Great idea. But now you've changed the Search area, This new section for selected programs would be better positioned on the right hand side, imo. You could have the boxed section of selected apps placed there with the Apply button, etc underneath. The boxed area could have a scroll bar feature for when too many entries are listed and I think this would look much better whilst leaving the vertical space on the left for the list of apps and their description. What do you think?

Well I don't see the point in moving the "plan area" for two reasons.
1) the program description has a fixed height. Even if I gain space, the description doesn't take advantage of this;
2) the program list area can be increased by resizing the entire form because it's the only element with a variable height in this area.

Plus the right side will be used entirely for the new search engine. What you have today is only the first step for an entirely new way to search.
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

20/10/2021
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
jibibi wrote:
Hello ; me the area is gone? I only have the search tools ??? is this normal ???

oh ok it a new system... sorry ....

Yes it is. Please read here for further information https://www.ugmfree.it/SyMenuManual.aspx#SPSFormFilter
link
sl23
sl23

20/10/2021
sl23
sl23
Gianluca wrote:

Well I don't see the point in moving the "plan area" for two reasons.
1) the program description has a fixed height. Even if I gain space, the description doesn't take advantage of this;
2) the program list area can be increased by resizing the entire form because it's the only element with a variable height in this area.

Plus the right side will be used entirely for the new search engine. What you have today is only the first step for an entirely new way to search.

I just thought it looked untidy, especially when more apps are added than fit the window. Since it was added I have been meaning to request this, but you already have plans for this area.

Search area?! Can we have the option to hide this search area as a Sidebar then :-)
Also, while I think about it, could we have an option to hide columns please. I find it unnecessary to show all, and never use any except Icon, Name, Version, Status and Tickbox. Categories is a constant annoyance due to Tooltips appearing under the cursor and restricting scrolling.
Thank you.

edited by sl23 on 20/10/2021
link
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator

20/10/2021
Gianluca
Gianluca
Administrator
sl23 wrote:
Search area?! Can we have the option to hide this search area as a Sidebar then :-)

Yes it's a feasible implementation. I'll take a note about this.

sl23 wrote:
Also, while I think about it, could we have an option to hide columns please.

This is a bit more complex but I can give it a try. To tell the entire truth I also find some columns annoying and useless smile
link
sl23
sl23

20/10/2021
sl23
sl23
Thanks Gian
link

UGMFree.NET ©2002-2021
By Gianluca Negrelli - Contact me