<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0">
<channel>
<title>SyMenu - Troubleshooting &amp; Bug Reports - Symenu 8.XX refuses to update - Messages</title>
<link>https://ugmfree.it/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=982</link>
<description>SyMenu - Troubleshooting &amp; Bug Reports - Symenu 8.XX refuses to update - Messages</description>
<language>en-us</language>
<docs>http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss</docs>
<pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 08:24:43 GMT</pubDate>
<lastBuildDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 08:24:43 GMT</lastBuildDate>
<item>
<link>https://ugmfree.it/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=982</link>
<title>Message from Gianluca</title>
<description><![CDATA[Interesting.<br/>If you don't mind, I'll use this thread as a sort of collector for SyMenu update issues, so I've slightly changed the thread title.<br/>I'm particularly interested in this case because you're the first person to report a problem with the updater. Hopefully you'll also be the last... but experience suggests you might just be the first of a larger group.<br/><br/>At the moment I have no clear idea what is happening on your system. To investigate properly, I'd probably have to ask you to dig through Windows Event Logs and collect diagnostics for me... but I'm not that evil. What I can suggest instead is a workaround to solve that quickly and easily. It's useful both for failed updates and for installations that may have become corrupted over time:<ul><li>Download the latest SyMenu package from the website. The EXE package is the easiest option, but the ZIP package works as well.</li><li>Unblock the downloaded package using the same procedure described for SyMenu plugins here: <a href="https://www.ugmfree.it/manual#SyMenuPluginBlocked</li><li>Run" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.ugmfree.it/manual#SyMenuPluginBlocked</li><li>Run</a> the EXE or extract the ZIP into the exact same folder where SyMenu is currently installed.<br/>For example, if SyMenu is located in D:\CoolApp\SyMenu, make sure the installer or ZIP extraction target is D:\CoolApp\SyMenu.</li><li>If Windows asks whether existing files should be overwritten, answer Yes to All.</li></ul>This procedure effectively performs a "reinstallation" of SyMenu while leaving your configuration, profiles, program entries, and personal settings untouched.<br/><br/>As I mentioned, I'm trying to collect both failed update cases and their successful resolutions. So, whatever the outcome, please let me know how it goes. Every piece of feedback helps me understand whether this is an isolated incident or the beginning of a new adventure with the updater.<br/><br/>Thanks for your help and patience!]]></description>
<pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 08:24:43 GMT</pubDate>
</item>
<item>
<link>https://ugmfree.it/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=982</link>
<title>Message from Frustrated</title>
<description><![CDATA[Tried twice to update from 8.13.9578 and the result is always the same. The app notifies me on launch that there is an update. I tell it to update. The update window briefly shows up then disappears. From then on Symenu refuses to run. I can not even see it in the Windows task manager. I have to restore the entire directory from a backup. <br/><br/>Win11 Pro 25H2<br/><br/><i>edited by Gianluca on 30/09/2026</i>]]></description>
<pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 04:03:09 GMT</pubDate>
</item>
</channel>
</rss>
